How to Prevent Auto Theft
Even if you have great luck and religiously lock your car doors, you still can fall victim to car theft. Every 45 seconds, a car is stolen somewhere in the U.S, according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB).
Here are tips to prevent your vehicle from being stolen:
• Keep your vehicle locked at all times, even while driving.
• When parked, never leave your keys in the car. Close all the windows and the sunroof.
• Never leave your car running and unattended.
• Avoid leaving valuables inside your vehicle where passersby can see them.
• Install an anti-theft system in your vehicle if it doesn't have one. Thieves are reluctant to steal vehicles if they know the cars can be recovered quickly.