How To Buy A Car Like A Pro
There are many articles out there outlining tips and tricks for buying a new car. So what makes this blog post any different from the rest? That's simple. You're getting tips directly from a dealership that has built a reputation for honest business practices. We buy and sell cars every day; we know the business. Our tips are items our team have found helpful when they purchase a car and so we hope they will help to improve your shopping experience.
1. Research - It's always good to research and have an idea of what you want before committing to a purchase. Researching avoids impulse buys. Vehicles are a big purchase and Capital Buick GMC wants our customers to walk away satisfied with every purchase. Take into account your lifestyle needs, the length of time you plan on owning the car or truck, and what type of car designs you like.
2. Finance or Lease - Consider whether you want to own or lease based on your needs. If you plan on trading in your new car purchase in a few years, a lease is probably a better decision. If you want to keep your new vehicle for a long time, financing is usually the way to go.
3. Consider Trade-in Value - It's important to know the value of your current car, so you can factor it in with your down payment. The more you put down on a car, usually the cheaper your loan payments will be.
4. Always Test Drive - Vehicles can look perfect on paper but it's always good to test drive a car and make sure it's exactly what you envisioned.
5. Get Pre-Approved - When you found the car you want and you know you're going to finance, it's always good to get pre-approved. It just speeds up the process for you.